Registration for Dietitians Transferring Within Canada

You must be registered with the regulatory body in the province in which you work. Therefore, if you work in Prince Edward Island as a dietitian you must be licensed with PEI Dieititans Registration Board.  If you are a dietitian who is currently registered in another Canadian province and want to become registered in Prince Edward Island, you will need to contact the registrar to initiate the registration process. Click here to email our registrar and indicate in which province you are currently registered. This will authorize PEI Dieititans Registration Board to contact that regulatory body and obtain copies of your transcripts, internship verification, CDRE results, name change documents, as well as verify that you are a member in good standing.

Please allow 7-10 days for the paperwork to be completed. Do not resign from the dietetic regulatory body where you are currently licensed until you have received notification from PEI Dieititans Registration Board that you are registered.

Courtesy Registration

If you are registered with another Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Body and only require PEI Dieititans Registration Board licensure for a short period of time, you may be eligible for a courtesy license. A courtesy license is limited to dietitians in good standing with another Canadian dietetic regulatory body who require registration with PEI Dieititans Registration Board for a short period of time (not exceeding three months) for a specified purpose approved by the Registrar.

Please contact the Registrar for more information.